Gulf Coast Day Trip Ideas
With the high cost of gas, it can be hard to convince yourself to take a vacation that requires several hours of driving. Fortunately, those of us who live along the eastern Gulf Coast, don't have to go far from home to enjoy a great getaway. Try one (or more!) of these great day trip ideas along the Alabama, Mississippi and Florida Gulf Coast areas.
- Delta Safaris - Enjoy a glimpse of the lower Mobile-Tensaw Delta or the Port of Mobile on a water-based cruise with Delta Safaris. From taking your seat on a comfortable tour boat to paddling your own kayak, there are plenty of options to see and enjoy the waterways of Mobile and Baldwin counties during the day and evening.
- Battleship USS Alabama - If you're looking for a family-friendly outing that's both entertaining and educational, it's hard to find a better destination than the Battleship USS Alabama. Set aside a full day to explore the ship, as well as the submarine USS Drum and aircraft hangar that are also located on the grounds of Battleship Memorial Park.
- Gulfport Premium Outlets - If you love shopping for bargains, point your car towards Mississippi and head to Gulfport Premium Outlets. You'll have an opportunity to browse for great deals on brand name merchandise from a wide variety of retailers. Enjoy shopping at factory stores for Nike, Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and many other well-known brands.
- Gulf Islands Waterpark - Also in Gulfport, Gulf Islands Waterpark is a great place to relax and cool down during the hot Gulf Coast summer. Big kids and adults will love the waterslides, lazy river and wave pool, while young children will have a great time at kid-friendly Pelican's Bay and Spray St. Louis attractions.
- Historic Pensacola Village - Spend half a day seeing living history up-close and personal at Historic Pensacola Village, a recreated historical village that is part of the T.T. Wentworth, Jr. Florida State Museum. Saturday is the best time to visit, because costumed living history interpreters demonstrate trades and historic cooking techniques throughout the day.
- National Naval Aviation Museum - You can easily spend a full day touring the 350,000 square foot National Aviation Museum in Pensacola. It is the largest Naval Aviation museum anywhere, featuring more than 150,000 restored aircraft and numerous other exhibits. It is among the most highly-visited museums in the entire state of Florida.
Have a Great Time
These are just a few of the many great attractions to consider, all within a short driving distance of home - no matter where you live along the eastern Gulf Coast region. Isn't it great to live in an area that other people go out of their way to visit on vacation? Share this Article
Tweet LinkedIn Google+