Great Recipes for Your July 4 Celebration
Food is a focal point of every July 4 celebration. Whether you're celebrating at home, visiting friends or heading out for a summer vacation, you're sure to want to enjoy a variety of seasonal treats on the big day - and all summer long!
Yummy Summer Celebration Recipes
Try one (or all!) of these tasty dishes and celebrate the nation's birthday with the flavors of summer!
- Ribs: What July 4 celebration is complete without ribs? No matter what kind of ribs you like or whether you like to cook indoors or out, you can prepare tasty ribs for any size group. LoveToKnow.com offers great recipes for grilling country-style ribs, preparing pork or beef ribs in your oven and even cooking short ribs in your slow cooker!
- Potato Salad: Most summer celebrations include potato salad as a side dish, but there are plenty of ways to modernize this traditional favorite. You can go with a tried and true recipe that's been in your family for generations, or opt for an updated (and lightened) version from one of the more than 20 options provided by Cooking Light - including Lemon Herb Potato Salad and Sour Cream-Dill Potato Salad!
- Baked Beans: Baked beans are another traditional favorite, but you shouldn't limit your options to just heating up a few cans of prepared beans. Instead, expand your holiday menu with one of the great recipes from the FoodieCrush.com blog. Options include: BBQ Baked Beans, Spicy Baked Black Beans with Vegetables, Slow Cooker Maple Bourbon Baked Beans and Pineapple Bacon Baked Beans.
- Tomato Dishes: Tomatoes are plentiful during the summer, so they make a great complement to Independence Day menus. Midwest Living has a collection of 40 tasty ways to prepare fresh tomatoes, so you're sure to be able to find something new that your crew will appreciate. Options include Tropical Tomato Salsa and Fresh Tomato Tart.
- Sweet Treats: July 4 is the perfect time to enjoy tasty no-bake desserts that are easy to make and full of flavor. Woman's Day recommends 18 such dishes, including Berry Layer Cake and Banana Yogurt Pops. Yum!
Happy Independence Day
Whether you try one of these recipes or stick with your tried-and-true favorites, OEC wishes you a happy and safe holiday! Share this Article
Tweet LinkedIn Google+