6 Fun Gulf Coast Fall Festivals
Looking for something fun to do close to home? Autumn is a great time to live and play along the Gulf Coast. Enjoy the typically mild fall weather and check out one - or more! - of the great seasonal festivals the region has to offer! A few of the many terrific regional events you can enjoy during the fall months include:
September 2015 Fall Festivals
- Biloxi Seafood Festival - Point Cadet Plaza in Biloxi is a great place to enjoy the flavors of the Gulf Coast in early September! The 2015 Biloxi Seafood Festival will be held here on September 12 and 13. The two day event features opportunities to sample terrific local seafood, as well as arts and crafts, live entertainment and other family-friendly activities - including a gumbo cook-off on Sunday!
- Pensacola Seafood Festival - Head to downtown Pensacola September 25 through 27 to partake in this annual event that - in addition to highlighting incredible seafood - is also one of the region's largest arts and crafts fairs. The three-day family-friendly event (there is even a special area for kids!) takes place in Seville Square, Fountain Park and Bartram Park. This year's live entertainment includes Marc Broussard Anders Osborne and many other talented performers.
October 2015 Fall Festivals
- Cruisin' the Coast - If you're a fan of antique and classic cars, head to the Mississippi Gulf Coast between October 4 and 11 for the annual Cruisin' the Coast festival. Billed as America's largest block party, you'll see lovingly maintained and restored vehicles from days gone by displayed at venues and driving along the 30 mile stretch of beachfront road between Ocean Springs and Bay St. Louis along with other great activities.
- Greek Fest - Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of Greece in Mobile, Alabama from October 15 through 17 at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church. This annual three-day festival provides an opportunity to enjoy some of the best Greek food you'll find anywhere - from gyros, Greek salads and incredible desserts to full dinners featuring souvlaki, lamb, spanakopita, pastitso and more. Enjoy wonderful cultural music, wine, desserts, vendor exhibits, church tours and more!
November 2015 Fall Festivals
- Blue Angels Homecoming Show - Head to Naval Air Station Pensacola the first weekend in November for the annual Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show. On November 5 and 6, you'll have a chance to watch numerous performers take to the skies to showcase the best-of the-best in military and civilian aviation, along with the final 2015 Blue Angels performance.
- Mobile Renaissance Faire and Pirate Festival - Head to Robertsdale, Alabama on November 14 and 15 and get a sense of medieval entertainment. You'll have an opportunity to watch live jousting shows and falconry demonstrations, as well as be entertained by jesters, jugglers and gypsy dancers. Enjoy great food, vendor exhibits and much more! Come as you are - or in period costumes - for a day of family-friendly fun that everyone in your group is sure to enjoy!
Tweet LinkedIn Google+